If any of you have been in our office recently you have seen the green and yellow display at the front desk. As much as we enjoy having glitter in the office there is a much bigger reason for this flashy display. This June we are starting a new awareness campaign called 7 and up. Drobocky Orthodontics is committed to the overall wellness of your children and we feel that this information is vital to that wellness.
According to the American Association of Orthodontists children should start seeing an orthodontist for evaluation no later than age seven. Now this may sound early to you. You don’t think your child needs braces quite yet, they haven’t even lost all of their baby teeth! However the benefits of having your child seen early by an orthodontist can make all the difference in a child’s life. Dr. Drobocky can spot problems early to determine the best time for treatment so that your child’s time in braces is less, they develop the best smile possible with less extractions and surgeries.
Here are a few facts from the American Association of Orthodontists about why the age 7 is best to start being evaluated by an orthodontist:
• Orthodontists can spot subtle problems with jaw growth and emerging teeth while some baby teeth are present.
• While your child’s teeth may appear to be straight, there could be a problem that only an orthodontist can detect
• Early treatment may prevent more serious problems from developing and may make treatment at a later age shorter and less complicated.
• In some cases the orthodontist will be able to achieve results that may not be possible once the face and jaws have finished growing.
• Early treatment may give your Orthodontist the chance to:
o Guide jaw growth
o Lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
o Correct harmful oral habits o Improve appearance
o Guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position
o Improve the way lips meet
• Through an early orthodontic evaluation you will be giving your child the best opportunity for a healthy, beautiful smile.
Getting these evaluations starting at seven can help Dr. Drobocky nurture your child’s best smile as well as help improve things like self-esteem. This initiative is very important to Drobocky Orthodontics so for the next three months while we will be boosting awareness of this fact, and we would love to have you join us. You can do this by sharing this information on social media, telling your friends and family, and even by competing in the new in office competition we will be starting this month. So please join us in letting everyone know that 7 and up is the best time to see Dr. Drobocky.