Buck teeth, also known as a malocclusion or severe overbite, is much more common than we think. In many cases, buck teeth are a hereditary condition. But, it can also be worsened by prolonged thumb sucking, bottle feeding or the overuse of a pacifier.
Throughout history, buck teeth have been the cause of bullying and embarrassment. Studies have shown that the most common cause of bullying is a person’s smile.Read More
A simple smile holds the key to many wonderful secrets. When you flash a those wonderfully beautiful pearly whites, you are sending a message not only to the world but subconsciously to yourself. You are telling the world that you are happy and confident but also telling yourself. We all smile when we are happy but did you know smiling can actually make you happy. It has been scientifically proven that it can literally change the world around you and change the way you feel. A smile is truly contagious.Read More
The Team at Drobocky Orthodontics knows that regardless of the many health warnings about skin damage from the sun, many still subject themselves to the burning rays of the sun for extended periods of time. More than one-third of adults and 70% of children have admitted to getting sunburn at least once or twice in the past 12 months according to the CDC.
What Causes Sunburn
You already know the simple explanation behind sunburn. When your skin is exposed to the sun for a period of time, eventually it burns, turning red and irritated.
Under the skin, things get a little more complicated. The sun gives off three wavelengths of ultraviolet light:
• UVCRead More
At Drobocky Orthodontics we value education and want to make sure our patients and their families are informed about their treatment options. As the only provider of the Damon System in our area I am often explaining what they are and the benefits of using them for orthodontic treatment. That’s why I’ve put together some of the reasons why the Damon System could be a great choice… for a young child, teen or adult patient:
- A Clear Smile. If a clear smile is important to you, Damon Clear can be a great choice. The brackets are clear with a thin metal wire that runs through them.
- Fast. While treatment time can vary, clinical studies demonstrate that Damon System treatment can be up to six months faster than traditional braces. Often appointments will be less frequent as well! Plus, there are no additional parts which means there is no need to worry about lost, misplaced or forgotten clear aligners. You, your teen or your younger child can get in and out of our office and back to your busy schedules.
- Comfortable. Even though the Damon System works so quickly, the use of gentle, low- friction force means less discomfort for you. As opposed to traditional brackets which hold wires in place in order to gradually move teeth to the correct positioning, the Damon System uses a slide mechanism to maintain archwires within the bracket. Less friction allows teeth to move more freely, quickly and comfortably.
- Easy to Clean. Traditional braces use elastomeric rings to hold wires in place on their brackets. Unlike those traditional systems, which attract and collect plaque, Damon Clear braces are much easier to keep clean.
- 100% Approved! As opposed to aligners, everyone is a candidate for the Damon System. Damon Clear works 24 hours a day, seven days a week to perfectly align ALL teeth for a fantastic smile that enhances your overall appearance.
Put all these benefits together and there is a clear reason to ask about Damon Clear. Give us a call for a complimentary consultation:
Bowling Green: (270) 843-8556
Glasgow: (270) 651-6862
Franklin: (270) 586-7444
You or your child will be in good hands with Dr. Oles Drobocky. He is the most experienced orthodontist in South Central Kentucky and uses the most advanced technology available to ensure a positive experience and a beautiful smile for all of his patients.
At Drobocky Orthodontics, we make orthodontic treatment affordable by offering multiple payment options including full payment discounts, no-interest payment program, family discounts, and we accept direct payment from most insurance carriers.
1 – Eberting JJ, Straja SR, Tuncay OC. Treatment time, outcome and patient satisfaction comparisons of Damon and conventional brackets. Clinical Orthodontics and Research 2001; 4(4):228-234.